Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seasons

Morning all. I woke up early this morning, took a quick shower and dressed even faster, all so that I could make coffee and sit outside for a bit before heading to work. The cat enjoyed the change in routine and I got to sit watching the birds until it was time to leave. A perfect morning. I might have to start making that a habit.

When I opened the door this morning I was instantly surprised by how cool it was. After weeks and weeks of over 70 degree weather in the mornings, today's mid-50s felt positively cold. And refreshing. I'm always seduced by this time of year. I LOVE the summer! Love it! But right after the fair ends I start wishing for fall. I am seduced by the cooler weather and the desire to play in the falling leaves. I start spending more time at home sitting on the patio. I may be a summer fanatic but I've always enjoyed the fall.

The only problem with fall is that it is followed by winter. I've often described it as the Sunday of seasons. I enjoy my Sundays but always in the back of my mind there is this reminder that I have to go back to work the next day. I enjoy the fall but always in the back of my mind there is the reminder that winter will be here tomorrow. And we all know how I feel about winter.

But for the moment I'm enjoying. I love my long-sleeve fall sweaters and jeans. I love sitting in the cool air sipping coffee and watching the leaves fall. I love the colors and crispness of fall. I love playing in the leaves and carving pumpkins. And today made me think that fall is just around the corner. I'm excited.

No comments: