Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Round Numbers

In May of 2008 I started a blog with the idea of sharing what I was interested in. I wrote about whatever struck my fancy, and still do. At the time I had two readers, my sister and my friend Josh. I didn’t go around making the blog public and I certainly didn’t do any marketing of it (still don’t, I’m terrible at marketing myself). What I did do was make a promise to myself that I would try to be consistent with it. I’ve tried to write at least four days a week. Some weeks it happens, some weeks it doesn’t.

And in those two years I can track my history. I know what was going on in my life on those days. I read back and remember parts of my life that I forgot about, magic moments, tough times, interesting ideas, and current obsessions. And they are fascinating to me. I’ve been pretty blessed throughout all this.

But what makes me really blessed is that my two early readers are still there, still reading but now there are a number of others that have joined them. Some of you are friends that I’ve known for years that are willing to put up with my rambling. Some of you found me through other blog mentions and have stayed. Some of you have become friends through this blog. And I’m blessed because of all of you. You are what keep me writing. I’ve wanted to offer you something new every day. I’ve wanted to let you know about what fascinates me. I’ve wanted to share parts of my life and you’ve been wonderfully accepting. You’ve read, you’ve shared your knowledge with me, and you’ve been supportive and amazing.

Today is my 500th post. We always seem to celebrate the big round numbers and I’m pretty happy with this one. Five hundred times I’ve sat down and wrote about something. Some of the posts were good and I’m proud of those. Some of them were silly or rambling. Some were just plain bad. And some of them were hard to write. But you guys were there and I knew that. For 500 entries, you’ve been a part of my life. And for that I Thank You.

In honor of my 500th post, I’m taking a bit of a break. As you may or may not know I’ll be traveling next week and won’t have access to a computer. So sadly there will be no posting for at least the week. But when I come back I’ll have plenty of pictures and excitement to share. I hope you all will stick around.

2 comments:

Corrine said...

Congrats on the big 5-0-0!! :) I do enjoy reading your blog, and I can hardly wait to hear about your trip. Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!

Cat B said...

Thanks Corrine! I'll take lots of pictures. And that just means that we have to do dinner again to compare stories and pictures. Thanks for the well wishes!