Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


It's my favorite holiday of the year again. Thanksgiving is, for me, all about food and family and spending time. I'm heading over to my parent's house this evening for dinner and couldn't be more excited. I made my Frog Eye Salad this morning (see previous post) and am ready for tons of good food. My dad even made me a vegetarian dressing which was so incredibly sweet. I'll have to eat huge servings.

We're eating later this year than normal because my sister has to work most of the day. But after gorging ourselves on food we'll sit around and drink coffee and perhaps later play a game. Jeff is hoping to get everyone back here to the house to watch Pumpkin Chunkin' on the Discovery Channel tonight. An idea that also makes me happy.

We watched Pumpkin Chunkin' one year while on vacation and have been fascinated ever since. Imagine groups of people meeting out in a corn field to see how far they can shoot, fling, and throw pumpkins. There are air cannons, slingshots, trebuchets, and any other device you can think of. They shoot for distance but mostly it's just fun to see those pumpkins fly. Perhaps that will be our new Thanksgiving tradition. We'll see.

Some of the devices used for Pumpkin Chunkin'

Whatever you do for Thanksgiving, spend some time giving thanks. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for. I'm truly blessed. I hope you remember that you are too. Happy Thanksgiving all. Eat much and enjoy more.

No comments: