Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Catching Up

After not getting much sleep on Sunday, and having problems falling asleep that night, I decided to take Monday off. I woke up groggy from the medication, and called the office that morning. Then I went back to sleep until about one in the afternoon. Apparently my body was finally sick of being sick and ready to just rest. I got up at one and moved myself downstairs to get more sleep on the couch and watch TV. I didn't even touch my computer all yesterday which is really saying a lot. I probably slept 18 out of 24 hours yesterday and still managed a full nights sleep last night.

Jeff was wonderful about taking care of me lately although I'm not sure why it is hitting me so hard recently. I've had bronchitis in one stage or another for four weeks now. I should be used to it. But after Sunday's little excitement I've been acting like an invalid. Although it gave me a chance to catch up on my reading. I'm reading Christopher Moore's Fool which may be the best possible thing to be reading while ill. It is funny and bawdy and wonderful. The story is based on King Lear with some other Shakespeare influences thrown in. I'm sure I'll do a full review when I'm done. But there is nothing better then a funny book when one isn't feeling well. I laughed and coughed and enjoyed.

When I wasn't reading or sleeping yesterday I watched my new favorite show NCIS. As is typical for me, I'm watching it in reruns which means that I have no idea what is going on with the current season. USA has it on pretty much every afternoon for several hours at a time and I was content yesterday to sit in front of the TV and watch until all the episodes were over. I seriously am addicted to that show. Although I think I should probably cut back on my watching recently. Last night I dreamed about the characters.

Today I'm back at the office although I'm still a bit groggy. The good cough syrup really packs a punch and I've been struggling to concentrate and be productive for most of the day. But at least I'm here. And feeling better. And of course breathing.

No comments: