Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back and Feeling Invigorated

I'm a bit hyper today. I don't think it's the coffee I had this morning, or the fact that I'm a bit sleep deprived after the weekend but I keep jumping from topic to topic. I've started this post at least 10 times and the moved on to something else. The big thing is that I had a great weekend and am feeling like getting things done.

As I mentioned on Friday we headed down this weekend to St. Louis for a bridal shower. Jeff's brother is getting married and Jen, my sister-in-law, was throwing a shower for Jen, my soon-to-be sister-in-law. And if that isn't confusing enough my little brother, who lives in St. Louis, is also dating a Jen. It makes remembering names easy and figuring out who people are referring to hard.

We headed down south on Saturday and had dinner with everyone that evening. I helped Jeff's mom with a scanning project for the shower and finally hit the hotel about midnight. The next morning we were up early for breakfast and then headed over early to the shower to help set-up. The house was decorated beautifully and Jen (the current sister-in-law) had bought a ton of gorgeous pink roses that were all over the house. There ended up being a good number of people at the shower and I had a blast getting to see relatives I hadn't seen in a while and hanging out with family. After the shower ended, the boys came over and we grilled out. We got back to the hotel around 8 and I crashed. I drank too much red wine but the evening was a blast.

The next morning we had brunch with Jeff's parents and his brother's children since Grandma and Grandpa were babysitting. It was a very nice breakfast and when I asked Jeff what time it was, I was shocked to find out that it was after one. We headed out on the road quickly. In fact I think the car ride was just what we needed. Jeff and I had always been travelers. When we were dating we would do regular day trips and always had some fabulous conversation in the car. Since Jeff's started back to school I haven't seen him or had a chance to talk as much. This was a great chance for us to hang out and feel like a couple again. We got home at almost 9 last night. I should have been tired (7 hours in the car will do that to you) but instead I was energized. I cleaned and scrubbed the kitchen, reorganized the cabinets in the bathroom, and took care of unpacking the suitcase. I was in such a good mood that when bedtime came I was a bit disappointed. I'm hoping the energy holds over until tonight. But after a nice weekend, I might just relax a bit.

2 comments:

Corrine said...

I could use some of your energy! If it holds out until next weekend, and you have nothing to do, you are welcome to help paint! LOL We have the kitchen and a couple other rooms to paint.

Cat B said...

Heh, I hope for my own sake that it holds out until next weekend. I should get around to the painting I've been meaning to do for the last three years now. I'm shocked that we've been in our house over 4 years now and I still have rooms that need to be painted.