Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow!!!

The earliest snowfall I remember was a week before Halloween. And even then it only left a dusting and was not even enough to accumulate. I remember driving up to fencing class in Ames in a blizzard on Beggars Night. But I don't remember ever having a year where we had a good deal of snow before Halloween. Yet this is what I woke up to this morning.

This is not just a dusting of snow but almost an inch settled on top of my air-conditioner. The cat keeps wondering why I won't open the door for her. It is cold out there. And snowy. I'm hoping it's not a sign of what the winter will be like.


And for no other reason than that I liked this picture which Jeff took of the cat, I'm posting it.

I can almost imagine her saying, "I'm not coming out until cold snowy-ness is gone."

3 comments:

Salt said...

Yeah, we got some snow up here, too. It's weighing down the still-green leaves. It's pretty neat looking.

... and I hope that it IS a sign of the winter to come! WOO!

(we have 2 space heaters in the basement now, don't be afraid to come back!)

Cat B said...

I saw that you guys got snow. But then again I kind of expect that for you guys. You are in the frozen tundra.

You're excited about snow. I knew you were crazy but I didn't expect that crazy. ;-)

And we'll try to be up there soon. We loved staying with you guys. But I'll admit, warm is good. I hope you didn't get those just for us.

Salt said...

It's not crazy. I have a deep-seated hatred for all pollen-bearers. Snow kills (or, sends into remission) such abominations. Therefore, I root for snow.

So, snow: come early, stay late.