Sunday, June 22, 2008

Full weekend

I am exhausted and it is not even Sunday night. This weekend has been full. Very full. Friday was slow. Mostly just Jeff and I lying on the couch watching old episodes of Dead Like Me. We finally finished the first season on DVD. Great show. Although I'm not terribly excited about seeing the upcoming movie. 

Saturday was busy. We started the day celebrating S.O.S.A.D.. Lots of eating and mostly just home time. By one o'clock I was going a little stir-crazy so we decided to go out disc golfing. With all the flooding in the city there are only a few courses left open. And lucky for me that includes one of my favorites. Grand View Park is a gorgeous old park with tons of mature trees and enough hills to make the course a great challenge. I played pretty well. A lot of bogeys and even a par. 

My parents called us right before we got to the course to see if we wanted their opera tickets for the evening. We went to see Regina, a modern operetta. We sat fourth row on a fantastic stage. The costuming was great and the music was beautiful although not incredibly memorable. 

Jeff and I set an alarm this morning in the hopes of making it out to Target to find a Wii Fit. We didn't hit the first store until about 9 (an hour after they open) but apparently they didn't get their shipment anyway. No luck. Then breakfast out and relaxing at home. Jeff took some nice hummingbird pictures. I'll post one here. 

I had lunch with my parents and then Dad, Jeff, and I walked over to see the Hy-Vee Triathlon. This race is part of the Olympic trials so we were seeing some of the best triathletes in the world. We watched the women bike and run and I took some great videos and pictures. These women are in amazing shape. There is not an inch of fat on any of them. And with good reason. These races are tough. The course was long and hilly and they had a number of laps to do. It was incredible to see and really inspiring. I want to do one.  I've picked up a couple books earlier on training for one. Now I just have to start jogging. And biking. And swimming. Who knows, maybe next year I'll do the amateur. 




No comments: