Saturday, June 21, 2008

S.O.S.A.D.

I love art, particularly fun art. I have a number of art sites that I go to on a regular basis. Sites like illlustratedFriday.com and roadsidescholar.com offer compilations of a ton of different artists. I have some illustrators whose blogs I check out. But one of my favorite fun artists is Terry Border in Indianapolis. Terry writes a blog called Bent Objects in which he shows off the bent wire creations he makes. I have a link to the site below. Check out Terry's work. Very inventive and very fun. Here is one of my favorites, a cheese doodle cat. One cheese doodle and some wire and you have a cat. 

Terry Border Bent Objects
In the beginning part of the year Terry decided to create a holiday. He figured that since Hallmark could create one, so could he. So his holiday? S.O.S.A.D. Strangely Orange Snack Appreciation Day. Yes you know them. You love them. Those odd snack foods that have that weird unnatural orange coloring. Cheese Doodles, Cheez-its, Cheetos, and Tang, to name a few. 

Terry Border Bent Objects
So Jeff and I are celebrating. Why not? A great excuse to eat silly fun snacks and celebrate what Terry calls "Holiday anarchy". Here are some images of Jeff and I enjoying our favorite strangely orange snacks. We bought Cheetos, Cheese Puffs, Cheddar Pringles, Cheez-its, and my favorite one orange push-pops. They make me feel like a child again. 


No comments: