Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just a few thoughts

I went out for drinks with the girls from my previous office tonight for drinks so I'll keep this short. I have a great group of women who try to get together once a month for drinks and appetizers. I love that they continue to invite me even though I left the office three years ago. We always have a spectacular time and I always drink too much. So I shouldn't be writing. 

I came home to find Jeff watching True Lies. No matter what you think of the current governor of California, this movie is hilarious. The action may be terrible but the jokes make the film. Tom Arnold makes this movie along with Bill Paxton's character. It is just so funny that you can't take the miserable special effects too seriously. Jamie Lee Curtis's character is a lot of fun. I have gained a ton of respect for her in the last couple of years with her push for more realistic body images in Hollywood but it's always good to go back to either True Lies or A Fish Called Wanda to see her silly side. The Governator is even pretty funny. Just a great movie. 

I found out that Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book won the Newbery Award yesterday. I had bought the book a couple weeks after it came out. I had listened to Neil read the book beforehand on his website. When he was doing his reading tour he taped each chapter and posted them for free. It was a wonderful introduction to the book and made me want to buy it. But then again I love Neil Gaiman's work and would have bought it anyway. 

No comments: