Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Toy

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I just got new toys in the form of two typewriters. And that is true. But this new toy is a bit more high-tech. And I bit more likely to affect the blog.




I've been wanting a scanner for years now. I'm not sure why I held off on buying one since they have become pretty reasonably priced. Rather than taking pictures of images that I wanted to add to the blog I figured with a scanner you wouldn't get as much distortion of image. So Jeff and I had been pricing them. We figured that since our printer was in good shape we wouldn't want one of those all in ones.



That is until we saw the HP Photosmart Plus (pictured below). And then we saw the price. We finally bought it two days after Thanksgiving when the stores were still doing big sales. This beautiful piece of technology (note the touch screen) was 50% off. We simply couldn't pass up a deal like that.

It is a printer, scanner, and copier all rolled into one. I don't think either of us need the copier although that aspect will be nice for photocopying recipes or knitting patterns. I had done a late night copier run just recently to copy a list of books out of a library book before returning it. So it will be nice to no longer have to pay for those. But what really sold us was the wireless printing. Our current printer requires that we bring one of the laptops over to the printer to be plugged in. If I was working on my desktop, which I normally am, that meant transfering the files to the laptop to be able to print. With this new toy I can just hit print and done. From across the room!! It's like magic.

And of course now I can scan things. Which means you guys will get to see things with a lot less distortion. It also means that you might be subjected to more of my artwork. Which could be scary. So not only will you have to deal with images of my amateurish drawing or painting attempts but they will have more clarity than before. Sadly that means you can no longer say things like, "That's a great....elephant? pig? I'm so sorry with the terrible picture quality I can't quite tell." So be prepared.

No comments: