Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Terrible Thing of Alpha-9

As you know I'm a huge animation fan. I watch animated films, I have three different animation blogs that I read regularly, and I'd love to learn how to create my own. And when I see things like The Terrible Thing of Alpha-9, I remember why I love this medium.

The Terrible Thing of Alpha-9 is one of the sweetest, funniest, and most exciting bit of animation I've seen in a while. It's short and filled with fun. I saw it months ago on Irene Gallo/Tor's Saturday Morning Cartoons but it is released exclusively by Cartoon Brew TV (a great place to visit for some fun animation).

Terrible Thing is the brainchild of Jake Armstrong who did the film for a thesis project. It follows an astronaut who is attempting to capture the bounty on the creature that lives on the planet Alpha-9. It's a wild romp with a very manly astronaut and a very unusual monster. I won't tell you more than that because I want you to watch it instead. The film has slowly gained notoriety by word of mouth mostly. I watched it and then immediately had to show it to Jeff. Then share with a coworker or two or three. It's a bit twisted at the end but in a good way. It's well worth a viewing.

No comments: