Monday, December 29, 2008

Overwhelmed

So I'm back at work after the holiday weekend. My brother and his family are still in town so I have had no time for blogging or even WoW playing. (not completely true...I snuck in two hours yesterday...but not much) But now I'm back at work and things are starting to return to normal. For those of you keeping score at home, I will be turning 80 either later this week or early next. Yay!!

But my real reason for the title is my new cubicle neighbor. For those of you who have never had the honor...nay the priviledge (please note the intense sarcasm) of sitting in a cubicle you will not understand how little space you call your own. I'm lucky in that I only share a wall with one and half people. One wall backs to the new girl who just started 3 weeks ago and then my corner is shared with another old timer (10 years at the job).

So I'm getting used to this new neighbor and she has recently started a new (and terrible) trend. She has started (or perhaps restarted) wearing perfume. And it is a might overwhelming. Now I'm not incredibly sensitive to smells. Most people say I have a smoker's nose (even though I don't smoke). I can hardly smell things at all. So if I can smell this woman's perfume, others have to be drowning in it. It surrounds her and walks with her like a little cartoon raincloud. I'm actually lightheaded while typing this. And I'm wondering what to do about it. As I've mentioned before I'm terrible at confrontation. But this might have to be discussed. At least for the sake of my nose.

No comments: