Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching Up

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. The internet is finally back up at home and I'm crossing my fingers that it will stay up. Work has been insane lately. I'm still working long hours and not catching up. No chance to post there. But it's also been good. For the first time in a long time I'm really enjoying what I'm doing. Perhaps I just need to be crazy busy all the time for my job to be enjoyable. 

Jeff finished his first class and did really well. He seems to have a knack for the subject. And to really enjoy it. 

We were gone all weekend in Minneapolis which is why I didn't post then. Every year for Father's Day our friends host a Trench party. Trench is a variation of dodgeball but with the added excitement of having people both in front of you and behind you. The game starts out just like standard dodgeball. But if you are hit you go to the outside area around the opposite team. Your teammates can pass you the ball to try to get the other team out. So you have to watch on all sides.The guys play and the girls sit around and talk mostly. Here are some pictures from the trip. 

The beginning of the day. It was warm and breezy and absolutely perfect weather to sit outside. 

And the end of the day. All the guys are exhausted. 

We stayed with friends (thanks Lon and Lisa) and had an amazing time hanging out with them and their two children. I got to play Hide and Seek with the kids, did crafts, and played video games. It was a fantastic weekend. On Sunday they took us out to see our first Twins game. Jeff has always protested "baseball in a can" but the game was a lot of fun. Here's the stadium.

The Twins lost but our friends and their kids got to run the bases after the game. 

The drive home was terrible, absolutely miserable. We even ended up with a ticket. (completely justified sadly) I made it up to myself by taking Monday off. And now I'm finally back on track. And you are all caught up. A great weekend with just a minor bump. 

Here is a brief video of the guys playing. 

No comments: