Monday, June 15, 2009

Recharging

This won't be long. My brother was in town this weekend with his family and I am completely worn out after playing with the kids on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Add that to the fact that I have seen my parents everday since Thursday and have been on the go since last Tuesday. So I need a bit of down time to recharge.

We did have a blast on Saturday though. We met everyone for lunch and then me and the boys ran around the front yard shooting nerf darts at each other, which was the most fun I've had in a while. And good exercise. In the afternoon I stayed home while most of the guys went to see the new Star Trek movie. But even then I didn't get to relax. My nephew Keith decided he wanted to stay home with me so we played with his Star Wars miniatures and then looked at everything under the sun through a microscope. I even grossed him out by slicing open my thumb to get a drop of blood for him to look at. I loved that I could gross him out. But when dinner came that night he wanted me to sit next to him.

I went out to breakfast with Jeff on Saturday but didn't make it to the library that day (a newly formed habit that I love). Other than that I have not had a meal with just him and I since last weekend. Last night after seeing them my brother's family off at about two, we went office supply shopping and then I went walking with a friend. When Jeff said that I was signed up for Naxx that night I begged off. I sat in front of the TV like a pile of goo and tried to draw.

So tonight will be quiet. I just need some time to recharge. Sorry about the rambling. I'll try to have something better tomorrow.

No comments: