Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What Doesn't Kill You...

Only makes you stronger. At least that's the theory.

Things have been weird for me recently although I feel a bit more recharged today. I've been having chest pains for the last couple of days. This is my second bout of this and I'm getting tired of it. It only happens the day after I go walking, leading me to believe that exercise might not actually be good for me. (Or that could be wishful thinking. :-) )

But here's the weird part. I'm in pain with every breath I take but for some reason I've been cranking out stories left and right. I spent a good long period of time writing last night and cranked out three possibly workable stories. My hand was cramping I was writing so much. The only reason I stopped was that Jeff came up to beg me to come to Naxx because they were short. (you owe me honey). But that hasn't diminished today. I'm still in pain but the creativity is still there. I was sketching with breakfast. Right now I'm wondering if anyone would notice if I spent most of my work day writing. (they would, Grrrr)

I know what's causing the chest pain finally and I'm not worried about my heart. But now I'm wondering if I just get out walking just to bring back this creative spirit/pain. My writing and drawing have never been more fluid. Perhaps I just needed a little discomfort to wake me up.

2 comments:

Skem said...

Don't leave me hangin'. What is causing the chest pain? Are you okay? They say you should suffer for your craft as an artiste (she said with a French spin) but no one wants a dead sister around. Are you okay?

Cat B said...

Sorry kiddo. Didn't mean to be mysterious. I haven't actually been to the doctor yet but I'm pretty sure it's costochondritis. A bit of inflammation of the chest wall cartilage. Jeff had the same thing a couple years ago. No worries. I'll get to a doctor. Just probably not this week.