Sunday, May 25, 2008

Domesticity, Cat style

Okay I'll be the first to admit that I'm not domestic. And all my friends will gladly back me up. I'm not much of a housekeeper. I don't cook, at all. And I don't do a lot of interior decorating. In fact one of the only things domestic about me is my knitting. 

But this past week has been a bit odd. Since I'm heading into Chicago on Monday for a funeral I have been doing laundry like a madwoman. And enjoying it. Weird. I planted some wildflowers for the front porch which I hope will come up soon with all the rain we have had. The yard looks bad so the flowers may smooth over the rough patches. I've been cleaning the upstairs and organizing my library. I even hand washed some dishes that I could have easily dropped in the dishwasher. 

And lastly I have added a hummingbird feeder to the front porch. I put that up on Thursday with the idea that they wouldn't find it for a couple of weeks. Heck it's been so cold here that maybe they weren't even here yet. So I was shocked and awed to find one buzz directly over my head this morning and scout the feeder. I have been trying to get a picture of them all day with no results. Every time I have the camera ready they don't come. The moment I put it away they arrive. Here is a picture of the set-up along with my lilacs. I may have to bring some of those in and really pretend I'm domestic. 

No comments: