Friday, May 16, 2008

Mutant Squirrel

So now that the weather has warmed up I am outside constantly. The moment I come home I am thinking about sitting outside. My little table and chairs gets a good solid workout from April to October. And with how hard this winter was I am ready to be outdoors. On Wednesday, I got home from work, changed and headed outside. I brought the cat with me along with dinner. Jeff was off at practice so I decided to get some writing done. The cat of course was more interested in chasing the robins and squirrels.

She was eyeing something in the woods when I looked over and saw a flash of white. I ran in and grabbed the binoculars. A gray squirrel with a pure white tail. Then I ran in and grabbed the camera. This little photogenic bugger sat still while I crept closer and grabbed some fantastic shots.
I have been playing a lot with wildlife photography so this was right up my alley. He practically posed for me. I had taken some deer photos (again from my porch) the night before but those were not near as helpful.
Considering I can step out my front door and see deer, squirrels, raccoons, woodpeckers, and more then our fair share of turkey vultures, I have to say I love living near the woods. I'll try to post some of the deer pictures later but they are just not that fantastic.
Here's another great shot of that shock of a white tail. Maybe I should be checking the woods for nuclear waste or something.




No comments: