Monday, May 19, 2008

Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen

So the famous graduation speech is titled. What I've learned is that not everyone is smart enough to. Including yours truely. Saturday was way too nice to be in. So I spent the morning sitting outside writing and soaking up the sun. I was a little tan when I went in. But then Jeff had a cricket match and so off I went to sit in the sun more. With legs that haven't seen it in about eight months. I simply forgot what happens when you spend eight hours out in the sun with no sunscreen. I was fried.

My shins still hurt and my arms are really feeling it. Yesterday it was painful to stand. Wow how could I be so dumb. I wish I can say that this will turn into a beautiful tan but it won't. I'll go from burnt, to peeling, to white again.

But the big thing is that I think (maybe) I learned my lesson. I do this every year and every year I say I've learned. So we'll see. But the match was amazing, the sun felt good (for a while). And I spent the entire day doing pretty much nothing. I can live with a sunburn for that.

No comments: