Thursday, November 20, 2008

Knitting Night


My little sister taught me to knit about two years ago. She patiently explained the stitches to me and then helped me along as I screwed up. She and I have been knitting together weekly since that time. I've only done a couple of projects. I tend to knit very slow and don't do a lot of knitting at home. Over the last couple months we've added a number of new people to the group. We meet at a different coffee house either Monday or Tuesday and talk and knit. I am always amazed at the number of people who stop by to say how they used to knit, or how they've always wanted to learn. We believe in the "more the merrier" so everyone is pretty much invited. 

Of the nine people that are currently on my list, only four or five can make it each week. It's always a different mix of people. The one constant for most of the group has been my project. I have been working on a rather long scarf for the last 8 months. (did I mention I'm a slow knitter?). Tonight I finally finished the project. I just have to brag. I started on a hat this evening and have a great start on it. I even remembered how to join. But for my little sister, who I know reads this, my scarf is above. I'm sorry you won't see it. I'm giving it to my friend tomorrow morning. And I'm so excited. 

2 comments:

Skem said...

Beautiful! Good job you I'm sure Christina will love it. A hat, you say? I have one of those in my bag unfinished as we "speak". I'll try to make it next week so that we can catch up.

Cat B said...

Thanks kiddo. Let's plan for Monday this week. I actually started, joined and have a couple rows done. All by myself. I'd love to see you. Knitting night, although fun, isn't the same without you.