Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disconnected

I find it interesting that I'm constantly disconnected from someone. This past week I have been incredibly social. I'm sure Jeff is getting frustrated that I'm gone every evening. I've gotten to see a ton of people and have had a very nice week...except for one thing. I've been completely disconnected from my WoW friends. It has been almost a week since I last played which is the longest stretch I have had. Part of that was my lack of sleep. I've been heading to bed by 10 at the latest with the hope of sneaking in an extra hour. And then there is the fact that I just haven't been home to play. I went out last night with my older sister. On Tuesday it was knitting and then talking to a friend long distance. Monday was shopping for my little sister's birthday and then another long phone conversation with a friend.

So here I am, connecting with all sorts of friends and family members but losing track of guild mates. Then two weeks ago, when I was spending all my time playing, I was losing track of everyone else. For any non-WoW players you may not understand how guildmates can be like an extended family. We hang out together and talk. We laugh at silly jokes and tell stories. The same things that my face-to-face friends do. We just do it online. And I've missed them this week, the same way I missed my friends and family two weeks ago.

I'm sure Jeff would rather have me home and playing but I feel bad either way. So tonight my plan is to play for a little while. I have dailies that need to be done, and instances that need to be run. And I won't be able to play this weekend. Jeff and I will be up north, in the frozen tundra called Minneapolis for MONDO. Yay juggling and dropping and spending time with friends. It will be a good weekend. That will mean no posting for the next couple days. I'll try to write something tomorrow but I can't promise anything. And when I get back, I'll try to balance my time a little better.

No comments: