Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not Sitting Down for It

It has been over five days since I got any good World of Warcraft playing in. Yes, for those interested, I'm going through withdrawl. I had family in all weekend which means I didn't get home until after midnight. Normally if that's the case I can only sneak in two hours before my body decides to shut down. I'm a morning person by nature so by 11:30 I'm normally ready to crash. Pushing myself until 2 or 3 involved lots of caffeine and then some seriously jittery hands.

On Monday I got in an hour of fishing (I'm still at level 150) and some cooking material gathering (I'm not even to 150 on my cooking). But as I was finishing gathering crocolisks (yeah pretty pathetic huh?) a good friend that I hadn't talked to in a while called. I knew that if I continued to play and tried to talk I'd get no where. So I logged off and then talked for over two hours. At 10:30 on a work night I'm not logging back on. Last night was knitting and we ended up hanging out talking until at least 9:45. So tonight I plan to get some play time in. I haven't done dailies in a couple days and if I ever want to hit exalted with Oracles and Ebon Blade I'm going to have to start working on those.

But now I have an issue. In October Jeff's brother is getting married. In Jamaica!!! As told Jeff, of course we have to go. It's family. Can you tell I'm a little excited for this? Then again who wouldn't be excited about this?


And I've decided that it's time to get serious about my weight (again!). I'm not going down there with where I'm at currently. (I've lost and then regained a total of 110 pounds in the last four years. 60 on the loss, 50 on the gain.) So here's where it gets tough. One of my favorite activities (WoW) is sedentary. Add to that the fact that I sit all day at the office. And of course I have the terrible habit of eating in front of the computer.

So I'm writing this down so that all of you are witnesses. No eating in front of the computer. If I want to eat I have to stop playing. That should be a good incentive for me. And then my next thing will be buying a balance ball for home. I know they seem silly but if I can work my stomach muscles (even a little) while playing, it's worth it. Who knows it may even improve my posture. Mixing a bit of exercise with my playtime...sounds like a plan to me.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Current sacrifices for future rewards. :-)

Cat B said...

Very true! Although I'm rapidly growing to hate that phrase. :-)