Monday, February 23, 2009

Finding my Balance


So I'm back home. I'm a day later than I expected and I'm exhausted but it was a fantastic weekend. Friday was a tough day and I had not time to write anything. In fact, I took a half day of work so we could get up north before the snow hit. My plan was to leave at noon....but as they say life is what happens while you're making other plans. I didn't get out of the office until 1:30. We got on the road and only the last fifty minutes of our drive was snowy and slow. It worked out well. 

We hung out and had dinner with a friend of Friday night (Thanks Josh!) and then woke up early for Mondo the next day. Juggling was fantastic. The festival is so much fun mostly because everyone just brings their toys and tries out new techniques. It is all about just making an attempt at things. I dropped regularly and no one even batted an eye. If you do something badly for long enough someone will walk by and try to teach you. It is just one of those festivals where you can publicly fail over and over and everything thinks it is great. We have a great group this year and everyone seemed to have a great time. 

The main toy this year was Jeff's Rola Bola. For those non jugglers out there, a Rola Bola is a thin piece of wood that balances on a PVC pipe. You stand on the board and try to balance. Almost everyone there tried it out. Here is one of our friends attempting to juggle clubs on the board. (Now you're going to have to buy one Lon) We saw a couple people take a tumble off it but mostly everyone tried. I actually got to the point where I was doing pretty well. I'm not at juggling on the board stage but I can stay up almost as long as I want. Sorry no pictures of me on the board. There is a video at the end of Jeff playing on someone else's board. It is made out of a door. (it was massive)

On Sunday we went over to our friends house for breakfast and ended up staying all day. The plan originally had been to leave after lunch and head home but we were having too good a time. We stayed and had dinner with them, and then played some WoW at their house. We finally left around midnight and drove about two hours south. We finished the drive this morning and made it home by noon. All in all, a great trip. Lots of juggling, lots of hanging out. 


2 comments:

Dan Cook said...

Good post.

Did you *have* to take a picture from behind me though? Not my best angle. Help a guy out!

Dan

Cat B said...

Thanks Dan,

Well of course I had to. What would be the fun in actually including people's fronts? :-)

Although that just calls for me to post the others ones I have of you. I'm only sad that we didn't manage to get you on the board. :-(