Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update

I'm pretty bad about posting over the weekend. Not sure why but it might be that over the weekend I don't often sit at a computer that isn't playing WoW. Yesterday I leveled my new Paladin all the way up to 22. I never realized how much I would enjoy a melee class. She's a ton of fun to play and I'm just starting to learn how to take on three to four mobs at a time. I had been meaning to create her for a while but was stuck on the name. I finally decided on Hretha, a norse word meaning "the Victorious". Sadly Hretha was already taken on a couple servers, Eonar being one. So she became Hraitha. I'm enjoying getting to hack at bad guys with just enough spells in to make the character interesting. 

The rest of the day was spent reading and watching Scrubs. I'm completely addicted to the show and am going back to watch the first two seasons. It was a wonderful day. 

This morning Jeff and I went to breakfast at one of my favorite brunch places and then headed out bird watching. I've started bird watching seriously and am going to try to get into digiscoping heavily. We went up to one of the state parks and it was originally a little light. But after watching a rather intense Canadian Goose fight, we spotted a Bufflehead (interesting looking bird), a Red-Headed Woodpecker (which Jeff found by sound), and a ton of American Coots. But our most exciting find for the morning was a River Otter that spotted us and came swimming right towards us. We both got great looks. I only wish I had dragged out the camera. Then a car went driving past and it ducked underwater, not to be seen again. 

I'm not sure what I'll be doing this afternoon but for right now I can safely say this has been a fantastic weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs. 


A Bufflehead 

2 comments:

Keith said...

That bufflehead is really pretty. I've never seen one before.

Cat B said...

The female of course is quite a bit drabber but this was one pretty bird. I was so excited to see it, particularly since it's only a migratory visitor.