Monday, March 2, 2009

Where's Waldo for Adults

I'm sorry I didn't get any posting done over the weekend. While I normally don't post both days I do try to get at least something out. My in-laws were in town this weekend so I didn't really have much time to just sit and compose. Instead I introduced Jeff's parents to the Wii and they became hooked. We spent most of the weekend bowling, playing Wii baseball, or cruising around the track playing MarioKart. It was a ton of fun. I also ate way too much and slept way too little. I'm looking forward to a weekend where I don't have to set an alarm. :-)

Then yesterday was my father's birthday. We ended up at one of my favorite Indian restaurants and I got a very tasty goat curry. Mmmm. Then back to my parent's house to make a fire, drink coffee, and play Trivial Pursuit. All and all a very nice afternoon.

So by now you're wondering about the title. Where's the "Where's Waldo" part of the post? You're wondering why anyone would care about my in-laws visit and father birthday. Well you wouldn't but you may be interested in the game we bought this week. While we were visiting friends in Minneapolis, they introduced us to this toy. And we had to go buy one.


The Find It Games are addictive. This long tube of plastic bits is filled with objects that you are required to find. We bought the sports version. There is a little football, baseball, ice axe, polo club, balance beam, hiking boot, etc....to name a few. In order to win you have to find everything. And that includes the very elusive penny.

Each game includes one penny. You have to find the penny and then you can sign onto their site and register it. You'll have to know what year it is and you'll have to provide your game number. Jeff has already found our penny, but I'm still looking. I was honestly shocked at how hard these games are. Some items emerge from the plastic bits more frequently then others. Jeff and I are still looking (after a week) for the swimsuit. The game comes with a cross of sheet that lists every item included.

They have a couple different kinds and each has unique items to be found. I want the zoo one although it is out of stock. Our friends have the kids version (which is still not easy) and are looking to buy the beach version. I picked mine up from Barnes and Noble which only had the sports one. I'll have to start ordering online. For $20 they are hours of entertainment.

No comments: