Monday, August 11, 2008

Fair Footage

Yesterday we went to the fair and had a blast. We ate a pork chop on a stick (actually the bone), a giant pickle, a cup of chocolate chip cookies, a pizza bread, a lamb burger, a grinder, an apple slush, and some fresh baked mini-doughnuts. We were both five pounds heavier and very full. Jeff and I tried hard to share but sometimes we got greedy. 

I only took a couple pictures, particularly in the early part of the fair. We were wandering through the animals and I kept snapping pictures of goats and roosters and pigs. I'm sure the farmers there were wondering what the heck I was doing. Here is the biggest pig this year at the fair. Look at the size of this big boy. 

And a goat with an interesting beard. 

And a scary looking rooster. Jeff said it looked like something out of WOW. 

After the animals we started to eat. Here is a picture of the crowd near the grandstand. That is one of the heaviest areas for food vendors. 

But our favorite part of the fair had to be the exhibit in the Cultural Center. Every year they put someone in the entrance who does a work in progress. Last year it was a gigantic house of cards, the year before a sand sculpture. This year it was ice carving. And it was amazing. Below is a video of the artist. He used a number of different tools to carve this amazing eagle. I grabbed videos and pictures of his chainsaw work and his detail work. I would love to learn something like this. I wanted to ask him about learning but he was surrounded right after his performance. 



All in all it was a great day although my legs still hurt today. I ate and walked and walked and ate. And loved every moment of it. 

No comments: