Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

Happy 4th all. 

I'm a day or so late mostly because I didn't feel like blogging yesterday. And since this holiday is all about freedom I figured I had the right to do so. :-)  

This was a bit of a strange holiday for me. I've spent almost the entire weekend indoors at home.I had an invitation to go out to the music festival in town (80/35) but really just wanted to be selfish with my time. I didn't even go out to watch fireworks which is bizarre for me since I love fireworks. What I did do was write and read and play and enjoy. The weekend felt like the right length for me without all the running around. I got a lot done and felt good about it. I baked bread and learned how to cook quinoa. I caught up entirely on laundry and read and reviewed multiple children's books. I played with the cat and spent good quality time with Jeff. It was a good weekend even without fireworks. 

No comments: