Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wishing I was in San Diego

If I look a little green today, it's with envy. I'm wishing I was halfway across the country today in San Diego. The city itself is nice enough but the current draw for me is Comic Con. I haven't done a Con in way too long and this one interests me more than any other. I was hitting Gen Con every year for quite a while. When it moved out to Indianapolis I had to stop. Both distance and family stuff, kept me away. My brother and his family are going with my parents again this year. I'm a bit jealous of that. But the writer part of me, the webcomic addict part of me, and the serious geek in me wants to see the hugeness that is Comic Con. (the convention has been selling out for many years in a row)

The convention brings in some of the biggest names in comics along with pretty much everything else. Comics were the main focus but now the Con is much more inclusive. Films, pop culture, books.... But my interest is in the comics, particularly webcomics. Many of my favorite webcomic writers will be there. I have been glancing at their booth promotional material for weeks now in their blogs. I can already visualize my money being spent on signed books and figurines. I can imagine all the cool costumed figures and the great panel discussions. It is something that Jeff and I have talked about attending for a couple years now. And one day I'll get there. It just won't be this year.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Who are some of your favorite webcomics?