Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sick and Guilt

If I'm quiet today it's because I'm not feeling great. I was home all day yesterday with bronchitis and am only today starting to feel well enough to be at work. I cough a lot and my chest hurts and I'm a bit whiny. But that seems to be the standard for the last week or so. The internet is finally back up at home. Jeff finally badgered the company enough that they sent out a technician yesterday to find that someone had screwed up our wiring. Jeff felt vindicated that this wasn't our problem and happy that the company had finally sent out a tech. We'll see how long access lasts. I'm hoping this is fixed for good now.



I've been kind of selfish this week and I'm feeling bad about it. My parents have been taking care of my neice and nephews all week and I have not been over to help out yet. I had not planned to go Monday because I was meeting friends for drinks and then had a guild meet that night. The drinks fell through and I couldn't attend the guild meet because of our internet issues. I had planned to go Tuesday but Jeff was in such a bad mood that I hung around the house to try to cheer him up. Wednesday is traditionally my knitting night but after spending all day in bed coughing I thought I should stay home. So tonight I'll head over and spell them a little. I'm sure they are in need of a break.



So I've been home most of the week and not able to do most of my regular things. I've been reading a lot and watching a lot of TV and feeling pretty selfish. I did get a huge surprise last night when I finally was able to log into WoW. I guess on Monday they did some promotions and I was one of the players who was supposed to be promoted. Since I couldn't make the meet, they waited and promoted me last night. I'm now an officer in the guild and can help make guild policy. I know for most non-players that doesn't sound exciting but I'm thrilled. I look forward to helping out as much as I can. It was a nice bright spot in what has been a bit of a crappy week. (did I mention I've been whiny). Now I just have to catch up on the officer portion of the forums.

No comments: