Monday, July 20, 2009

Home is Where the Heart is

Although I've loved every minute of my weekend travels this month, there was something very luxurious about having a weekend at home. The past weekend was wonderful. Friday was ridiculously lazy. Jeff and I went out for dinner and then came back to watch comedians on TV and I read a book. Lazy, wonderful. My kind of Friday night.

Saturday was a bit cold. I woke Jeff up early to head out to breakfast which was good because the jackhammer started at 9:30. They are ripping up my neighbors patio (yes the annoying one) and re-laying the concrete. Nothing like the melodic sounds of a jackhammer on Saturday morning. Ah well. We escaped. Had breakfast and then wandered out to the cricket ground to watch a bit of a match. It was cool enough (can you believe it's July) that I cradled my coffee and we sat in the car to watch.

Saturday night we had dinner with my parents and then wound up at a used bookstore. Half Price Books is a dangerous place for me. I bought a couple books and then found out that my mother had set aside a ton of children's books for me to take. I came home with two gigantic bags of books, some bought, some inherited. Now I just need another bookcase. Sunday was quiet. I went walking with a friend in the morning. Cleaned for most of the afternoon and then finished a Naxx run with the guild that night. I even managed to work in some writing and drawing too this weekend. All good. A perfect remedy after being on the go for so many weekends.

No comments: