Thursday, July 3, 2008

Outlands

For all you non-WOW players this post will mean nothing to you. For WOW players they'll understand my excitement. During a Dire Maul run with Jeff this week I finally hit level 58. Yeah I'm excited. Twelve more levels to go before 70 but now I can go to Outlands. But I'll admit I was a little nervous about going. I normally wait until I'm a level or two over before I head to a new area. Call me conservative but corpse runs are my least favorite things. So sue me, I hate to die.

Well I was just starting Winterspring when a friend whispered me with Hey you're a 58, why aren't you in Outlands? And Jeff informs me that the gear is fantastic and the experience even better so I figured okay. I left all my Winterspring quests behind (hard for me) and headed to the Eastern Kingdoms. It took forever to reach the Blasted Lands. But Jeff informed me that if I just headed south I would see the way to Outlands. Big glowing gate, yeah found it!!! Now I have to say, the Dark Portal is not a very friendly looking place. (the picture below does even really show the creepiness factor) I stood at the threshold for a second, debating. Then I walked in. And nothing happened. Nothing. I backed out of the portal and jumped in. Nothing. That's when I saw the little message at the bottom. "You must install Burning Crusade module to access this area." Damn!

But I had installed it, right after I bought the new computer. Needless to say I was not happy. After all the hesitation, now I wanted to be in Outlands desperately. After an appeal to the guild, (go SOTP) they informed that I just hadn't told Blizzard that I had bought the game. So with renewed hope I went to their site, only to find account management busy. Bleh. So no Outlands for me last night. Finally logged on this morning and let Blizzard know. So tonight, Outlands. I'm so excited.

No comments: