Friday, July 4, 2008

Rubbers

I have two significant collections in my life. I have always been a bit of a collector but these two have been my most ambitious collections. The first is rubber duckies. For anyone who has ever seen my bathroom you know that I have quite a few. The whole bathroom is decked out in duckies but the cabinet is where I keep most of my actual ducks. As you can see below the cabinet is pretty full. I either have to find a better place to store those or stop buying them. 

The other collection is...well...rubbers. I'm not really sure how I started collecting condoms. I think it stems from the fact that I like buying things out of vending machines. I know that it is a collection that not a lot of people have. I get a lot of questions if I mention them. My family when traveling will often buy me condoms as souvenirs. My mother, bless her heart, gave me some old, old condoms that she had found. And I have picked them up all over the place. My favorites are the ones my sister brought back from Italy. Apparently Italian men are so...good...that you can only buy condoms in six packs there. By the way, before you ask, no I don't collect used condoms nor do I use them myself. I get those questions every time I mention my collection. And I mean every time.  

So last night I went to one of the only places where I can apparently buy for both collections. Yes, the adult bookstore. My sister was in a terrible mood last night so she called to see if I wanted to go. It's actually a lot of fun to go to just make fun of some of the products. It's always wonderful when you look at a box and have no idea how to use the "toy" inside. We laughed and by the time we left she was in a good mood. But while there I found this little toy. A vibrating rubber ducky. I had to add it to my collection. And of course I bought for my other collection as well. Sorry no pictures of that. 

No comments: