Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Snowglobes for Adults

My little brother used to collect snowglobes when he was a kid. He would bring them back from each of the places we visited on trips. He had almost a hundred of them when he finally stopped collecting. My mother just gave him his entire collection to take home with him. Hopefully I'm not embarassing him with this. But anyway, most of his snowglobes were the silly touristy ones that every gift shop sold.

I'm sure he would have loved to have these artpiece snowglobes from Walter Martin and Paloma Munoz. http://www.martin-munoz.com/.


I just found this site this afternoon while looking on Roadside Scholar. These snowglobes are definately not for children and some can be downright dark. But I think they are beautiful. Well crafted and innovative. Other than these two, who would have thought of using the snowglobe setting to make some wonderful dark art. I love the macabre sense of humor of many of them. If you get a chance go check out the pairs other works. Some are darker than these, others are lighter. But all of them are very creative, and all of them are haunting.

No comments: