Friday, July 11, 2008

Queen of Caffeine no more

If you asked me what my favorite beverage is, it would be coffee. Of all the vices to have coffee is my biggest one. I can drink it all day. I tend to be the happiest when I have a fresh hot cup of coffee in hand. Jeff hates even the smell of it but it is one of those things I just can't give up. Leaded, decaf, doesn't matter as long as you don't add anything too it. I'm not a cream and sugar girl.

I recently switched to decaf because I can then drink more of it. I have decaf at both home and work and drink a pot of the stuff every day. I was starting to notice that after a pot of regular coffee my stomach felt bad and I was jittery. Decaf tastes just the same without the adverse side effects.

This morning though I stopped at Caribou on my way in for a large dark roast and a chocolate covered graham cracker. Heaven!! Apparently going decaf means that it is impossible for me to go back to leaded. I'm not even finished with my 20 oz and already I'm shaky. My stomach has the sour feeling that it used to get after a full 70 oz. I am apparently losing my ability to handle caffeine. So here I sit at work, with my hands shaking, my mind racing, my body trying to jump out of its skin, and a slightly sick feeling. I'm going to swear off the stuff. It is the only way to stop this terrible feeling. No more. Caffeine I mean. I could never give up coffee!

No comments: