Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hiding Out

I'm not actually hiding out but the weekend kind of got away from me and I didn't get any actual posting done. I thought about it though. The weekend was really busy since my brother and his family came into town Friday night. We hung out with them on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and had a great time. The kids were a ton of fun and we did a lot of running around on the front lawn shooting nerf things at each other. I helped my nephew Keith make a stop motion film and watched my nephew Scott play two new video games. We watched movies (lots of Pixar, yay!) and played games but spent most of our time eating. I ate so much this weekend and most of it good food.

Yesterday was a quiet day for Jeff and I. I had told everyone that it was our day. We went out to breakfast and then I came back home with the desire to get organized. I started upstairs and cleaned up our bedroom. Then I moved on to my library which is starting to look more like an actual library and less like a storage room. I did load after load of laundry and then finally settled on the couch to watch old NCIS reruns and go through all my magazines in order to get rid of them. I will be able to recycle at least 75 pounds of magazine and am keeping only about 100 pages of articles. And I got to see 4 new episodes. That show is my new favorite. And as is typical of me, I only seem to catch the reruns.

And although all of this was a lot of fun, my major excitement for the weekend was finding out that I have 30 pages on a story already written. I started this children's story about 10 years ago when I wrote the prologue. I have been adding to it slowly over the last couple years. Now I'm finally ready to finish it. I had thought that it had been lost due to replacing my old computers and lost discs so I was thrilled to find it, and to realize that it's not half bad. It's not good by any stretch but it's not terrible. That is what I have been focusing on. I finished the chapter that I had left open before and am now working on continuing on with the story. I hope to have it done by the end of fall so I can start revising it this winter. I may also post some of it here. We'll see.

All in all a wonderful weekend.

No comments: