Saturday, May 30, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

This past week one of my favorite webcomics Unshelved pointed me towards a new blog. And this one is downright hilarious. I haven't laughed this hard since I found Fail Blog. The new one, which has already been bookmarked, is Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong. And similar to train wrecks, you simply can't look away. 

The site is dedicated entirely to terrible cakes. (Well, there are some amazingly pretty cakes, but they are few and far between.) Sometimes the cakes are homemade, and the mistakes can be overlooked. But a lot of the times these are professional cakes done by professional cake designers. And they are awful. Some are completely incoherent, some are just in horrible taste. You have to wonder what the people ordering the cakes and the bakers were thinking with some of them. I haven't read through the entire archive yet mostly because my stomach can't take anymore laughing right now. But I'll get through it. 

Here is just one of the horribly scary cakes, and this is one of the tamer ones. If you need a laugh, this blog is for you. 

No comments: