Monday, May 4, 2009

Raiding Woes

I woke up on Sunday at 8 with a desire to write. Not blog writing but the kind of writing I did through most of my high school and college days. Novel writing, poetry writing, story writing. I had breakfast plans with a friend at 10:30 so I figured I had plenty of time to get some good writing in and then have breakfast. But again the best laid plans...

My friend called early and we went out earlier for breakfast. And then we went shopping. Now I'm not a huge shopping fan. Particularly not for clothes. But we ended up out for about 5 and a half hours. I was dead tired. My feet hurt and I just wanted to lie on the couch and pretend that the world didn't exist. Again I had a great time out but by the time I got home I was exhausted. And here's the weird part. I didn't want to raid. Thursdays, Sundays, and sometimes Mondays are regular raid nights for my guild. I normally look forward to these chances to hang out with the guild. Last night, I just wanted to sleep.

And it seemed like everyone else was feeling the same way. Our MT had bronchitus and could barely talk. Most everyone was pretty quiet. There was only minimal chatter. We really weren't feeling it. And it showed. Normally we can sweep through two quarters easily in a night. Last night we struggled through one. We died a couple times on Maexxnia, a boss fight that we hadn't had an issue with in a while. We forgot to explain the Grand Widow fight to one of our newcomers and came close to wiping. By the time we finished Arachnid, at 10, everyone was done. We opted not to go on. I logged off immediately and was in bed and fast asleep by 11.

We had included a number of alts in the run last night and that may have contributed but it seemed like more. Everyone seemed tired and not really into it. By this time of night I had lost my desire to write and was only thinking about sleep. If I could have gone to bed at 8 last night I would have. And today my feet are still feeling bad from the walking. We have dinner plans this evening so no chance to relax tonight. I hope by Thursday I'm ready to raid. Until then I'll try to get some writing done.

No comments: