Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pally Fun

If it seems like I never talk WoW anymore that is because I've hardly been playing at all. I've been trying so hard to concentrate on my writing and drawing that I've hardly allowed myself any play time. I think of the fact that I've wanted to be a published writer since I was 14. And I will be. I know that for a fact. Being the best Warlock in the WoW universe has never been a goal for me although I have a great time playing. So I keep thinking about where my priorities should lie. Mostly nowadays I play for the social aspect. My guild is a ton of fun and when we raid it's just great. My sister laughs at me for saying that I'm "hanging out" with the guild, since we're spread out throughout the country. But for me it does feel like hanging out with friends.

But to be completely honest, I'm bored of my warlock. I have no more quests to do, almost no more profession levels to get, and hardly any instances that I haven't explored. I'm not big into achievements so I have little to do with the character. And grinding money and rep is starting to feel more like a job than play time. So I haven't touched Myraina in weeks, except to instance and raid with the guild. Instead I've focused my little play time on my new Paladin. And I just love her. It's so much fun to be leveling again. And with a tank like character. My 42 paladin doesn't break a sweat unless I'm either killing 46 level mobs or 4 level 40 mobs at a time. She can heal herself and still take damage. It's just too much fun.

The only problem I've found with being a paladin is that everytime I log on, I am invited to instance within a matter of minutes. I am whispered constantly by complete strangers with an invitation to one dungeon or the other. I was retribution specced but that didn't seem to stop the invites. Most of the time I've begged off saying that I'm just interested in leveling. But last night I got a request to help with Scarlet Monastery. I figured why not. It is well below my level and would be good practice. I ended up tanking since I was surrounded by much lower level characters. And I loved tanking. It was frantic, engaging, and tough. I really enjoyed the challenge of it, particularly since I'm not tank specced. After the instance (we only completed two quarters before everyone had to go) I ran to Ironforge and duel-specced. I'm going to be a tank. And I'm so incredibly excited. Instances here I come.

3 comments:

Keith said...

You've been seduced by the siren call of Plate.

Nereeza said...

And this is why we play alts. :)

I'm more into rep grinds etc with Nereeza along with collecting pets, collecting mounts with Azira and holiday pursuits with Zaroia.. my warlock's just gleeful dps!

But if i were to only play one character and heal/dps all the time? I'd've burnt out a long time ago..

I never want to become one of those people that're "bored in Dalaran", but instead always trying out a different perspective/playstyle or helping out in another role..

Well, except for tanking.. you guys can have that all to yourselves!! -hehehe-

Cat B said...

Susskins,
I just started using plate and yes I can see its allure. I love that I can take a hit or two or three or 12. :-) When I was tanking this past week I managed to take hits from 6 different attackers and still had half my health. I'm not sure I'll ever take another squishy.

Nereeza,
Yep I finally see why you have so many alts. It's a ton of fun to see the world from a different perspective. Since I changed races the early part of the game was even different. I'll leave you the holiday pursuits...not my cup of tea. And I know you love your achievements. :-) As for tanking, oh yeah. Tons of fun.