Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

I originally had a bit of a rant that I was planning to write for today. I get frustrated with the idea that we only celebrate the Earth one day. And normally we do it in ways that are not particularly environmentally friendly. But the office is letting me where jeans (not sure how that impacts the Earth) so I'm in a great mood. And just can't work up any rightous anger to do my rant. Lucky you!

Instead I want to share some of my favorite Earth pictures. I love photography and some of the ones I have received recently are incredible.

A friend of mine sent me this image of snow rollers this morning. What's a snow roller you ask. When the snow is right and the wind is right, it rolls itself into a ball. Now if nature could only learn to stack them and add coal for eyes.


Taken by Tim Tevebaugh in Idaho last month. See the rest of the pictures here.

While I'm on the subject of ice and snow, isn't this dock just amazing? I love the feet look that it has.

One of the guys at work sent me this stunning image of Mt. Fuji in Japan. I love that people think to send me interesting or beautiful photos they find.


And it wouldn't be complete without some animal/wildlife images. I love this little otter stopping by to say hello.

And last but not least, this mantis that reminds me that this is a celebration. And that I should be thankful that at least one day out of the year people stop and think about what we're doing to the planet. Happy Earth Day all!

No comments: